Saturday, January 21, 2012

A short note on the validity of a movie


Movie credit songs are corny. But if you don't listen to them, the movie wasn't worth watching. I don't care if I laughed, or smiled, if I didn't listen to the credit songs, it means I wasn't moved. I wasn't moved enough to sit for five minutes,still, soaking in overly used catch phrases and ridiculously harmonious tunes. All the while contemplating  the idea that I just watched something that was born into reality, yet remarkably nonexistent. fictitious, yet clearer then the food I just ate. Perhaps its the blank droll of the bland, empty space sitting there, practically saying "I'm here! fill me with your ideas", but watching those small little white names move across the screen is one of the most efficient time periods of not only the one hour in which you watched the movie, but in some cases, the day. yes, you pick up information which you could never  pick up staring at a black screen, but you never processed it until then. if you watch the movie credits, it means the movie made you think. it means there was so many valuable emotions and information coming from the actors, you needed that extra five minutes of silence and drab liquidity to figure out why that movie spoke to you.  I've always preferred books over movies, but when I watch a movie, I tend to get inspired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment